You need to ask the "why question"-sooner rather than later.
- All the success in the world will mean nothing without answering the why question.
- Clients feel uneasy with organizations and individuals who haven't answered the why question.
- Eventually the bloom fades, true beauty is rrevealed when the why question has been answered.
- Truth can be found in those who've answered the why question.
- Your organization will change the world when it answers the the why question.
- Answering the why question creates the right type of urgency.
- You'll find out if you're really an authentic leader, when you answer the why question.
I read once that Nelson Mandela could have been released from that South African prison a lot earlier, if he would have sworn not to speak out about the evils of apartiheid once released.
Got me thinking…
Doing the right thing was never meant to be easy because of the following:
- Greatness only allows those who can do the right thing to enter.
- If it were easy, then…
- Like the fields, tilling is essential and it hurts.
- It needs to be built, and building implies pain.
- Life and order depend on it.
What would you add to the list?
Are you stuck?
Are you in pain?
Are you frustrated?
I had a conversation with my chiropractic practitioner (his services are a part of my overall health plan) a couple of weeks ago that really stuck with me. If you're ever in my neck of the woods you should pay him a visit.
We got to talking about people in pain and the refusal to move on to healing/progress. His point was something like this:
You're in pain now and getting to your breakthrough means pain too. Sadly, most people are comfortable with the existing pain/state. This comfort paralyzes them from experiencing the pain associated with breakthroughs.
As a guide, I couldn't agree with him more.
Here are some simple acid tests to use as you move from talking about finding a breakthrough to acting on the solutions/cures:
- Make sure the person or organization offering you a solution is interested in you first and not what's in you bank account. I'm not saying that your solutions/cures should be free, I'm just talking about the order of things. If you're not sure what questions are best for finding out the motivation behind the marketing, then send me an email or comment through this post.
- Get settled about the pain that will be associated with moving on to breakthrough. Do this in front of a mirror-real or imagined.
- Remember, every breakthrough should lead to a new life habit. Life habits should stick.