Many of us walk through life posing as brave. This form of brave is not found in daring acts, but in silence and distraction. Think of it as the guy or gal sitting next to you who always seems busy and doesn’t say much, even when they use many words.
America has made it easy to be controlled by our fears. We’re always in a hurry and very rarely go beyond the surface.
The fears are those foreboding events that are highly unlikely to come to pass, but in your head you’re convinced they will.
Maybe you’re fighting, or surrendering to the following:
- Insecurities have you convinced that you are not worth the success that is rightfully yours
- You’ve made career an idol and the prospect of failure cripples you from taking risk
- You’re addicted to something or someone. This is not love or true need. It’s a poor substitute causes fools you into believing a lie
- You believe every thought and emotion is worthy of your deep attention
- Like everyone else, you’ve been hurt, so you given up
I throw out the above to let you know that fears are rooted in untruth and in many ways you lose your freedom when you give into them. I also get why we have so many fears; there is a true absence of authentic love and we know it. As I am trekking through my journey, I am focused on God’s love and truth for me. This is essential because I can’t figure out this mad world and my fears are always knocking at the door.
I also fight, and I fight hard. That’s the only proven strategy, after getting the God-part in place.Life is not designed for the timid and the victim. If you haven’t noticed lately, life is tough.