Tim Sanders has a wonderful post on adding follow up time to your next meeting. His advice is refreshing and valuable. As many of you can attest to, meetings have the potential to suck the life out of you. Tim’s insights go a long way in helping fight that.
We all know that lawyers charge by the hour, but do you realize that we all do? For example, let’s say you sell advertising. Think about what you’re on track to make (include the benefits too) this year and then divide that number until you get to an hourly figure.
Voila, that’s what you charge per hour.
Here are some tips on making the most of your fees:
- Examine who you’re spending time with. What’s the ROI? This applies to all aspects of life…even those not in sales. Funny thing is, people can and do rub off on us.
- Are you getting anywhere in what you do? Time is too precious to waste on something that will never produce a return.
- Recognize that life is a limited time offer. You don’t have as much time as you think you do.
- Value (attached some type of number or worth) everything you do. You might be surprised at how much of who you are is not associated with money.
- Commit to being a life-long learner. Been said before, but those who learn are those who earn…the most.