By now, you’ve probably seen a thousand articles on new year resolutions. This post is not one of them. I just want to give you some new year advice.
I’ve always believed that you know how to live your life, so my help is designed to come alongside of your journey and inspire.
Here’s my new year advice:
- Before you start with all of your resolutions, decide what’s most important to you, then decide what you want
- Be very skeptical of the voices who try to tell you that there’s a fast path to getting to where you want to go. Typically, these voices are dressed in celebrity/rock star clothing. Don’t be discouraged, though, the journey is worth the struggle
- Focus on being who you really are. For many, this is the toughest nut to crack. Sometimes we all feel the pull to be someone that our boss or potential client wants. We rationalize in our heads that it’s ok to “act” or “stretch.” The truth is you’ll never be able to sustain the show and eventually you will be recognized as a fake
- Surround yourself with people who love you and are not afraid of calling you on your BS
- Create space for your mind and soul to speak. By the way, everything above is supported by creating space for your mind and soul
If you need any help with the points in my post, reach out through the comments section or by email.