This interview with Seth Godin will encourage you to try and fail.
Are you in a workplace where taking a risk and failing are frowned upon? Do you frown upon it yourself? Why not begin a small experiment today with risk and failure? It could liberate you.
In the interview Seth gives some good examples of what a small experiment might look like. The following are my suggestions:
- Interact with a client in a different way. Make a surprise visit to their office and engage with the receptionist and no one else.
- Sign up for a cooking class, even if you see yourself as a lousy cook.
- Try something that your kids are good at, but you're not.
- Suggest a unique place for a work retreat. Like this spot.
- Introduce yourself to someone you've never met at work, at school or in your neighborhood.