“Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
The above quote came from a friend of mine. It is sobering and provoking.
Here’s what I did with it:
- I looked back and reflected on my pursuits
- I made a list of my successes and lined them up in two different categories (what matters and what doesn’t). I have changed a lot
- I was impacted by the second chances given
- When I considered the quote, I could make sense of my journey over a good ten years of living
- Life is a story, I’m leaning into it. Happy or sad, I’m leaning in
You should make discovering what maters your greatest priority. Please know too, many will not encourage you to succeed in what matters. It’s a crazy irony that often we’re encouraged to pursue what ends in the meaningless.