From quite a few years ago.
Some of my best leaders have been women. Many of them gave me something essential to growth-affirmation. Is this a motherly instinct? I can’t say for sure, but it has made a difference in my career path.
The Juggle has a great post (Is it Better When the Boss is a Mom) on the potential benefits of a woman leading the charge. I think a woman being the leader of a group or organization can be an advantage, but whatever the reason I am a better leader because of the influence of these ladies in my life.
Here are some reasons (in addition to affirmation) why women can be wonderful leaders at work and home:
- They seem to understand that life is wide as it is long.
- They have instinct that, as a man, I only wish I had.
- Many women are comfortable in their own skin.
- They often understand the importance of legacy (maybe the motherly thing).
- They know how to walk away.
Here’s to the women who lead and the difference they make.