The following is a typical day in my life relating to my health and fitness:
- Running, strength training and Yoga (this group rotates depending on the day and goes for an hour)
- Green tea (cold), oatmeal and coffee
- Soy/Protein shake with fruit
- Omelet w/tablespoon of cheese and salsa, soy and flax tortilla chips, flavored water
- Yogurt wi/walnuts, granola, fruit (berries)
- Deep breathes (easy to forget)
- Green tea (cold), almonds
- Lean meat, spinach and/or salad, some type of complex carb, 1-2 glasses of red wine
- Dark chocolate
OK, now that I've given you what a day in my health and fitness life looks like, I thought I would give you a list of my weaknesses. I am human after all.
- Chocolate (all varieties and applications)
- Sugar Cookies
- Apple Crisp
- Regular tortilla chips
- Egg Nog
I do indulge from time-to-time, but the first list is my "everyday habit."
So why do I bother? I've been given this gift of life and I want to take care of it. I also have enough years of totally disregarding my health to know it's important to not take anything for granted.